Paducah Tilghman Teen Ambassadors Attend Chambers of Commerce Breakfast

Julie Price

Juniors Coy Booker, Jack Butts, Abigail Wurth and Madison Patel meet with University of Kentucky president El Capilouto at the Paducah Area Chamber of Commerce Breakfast.

Jack Butts, Sports Editor

On Thursday, Nov. 4, four Tilghman juniors attend the monthly Paducah Area Chamber of Commerce breakfast. The chamber breakfast included many important people in the Paducah area including mayor George Bray, chamber president Sandra Wilson and the keynote speaker and president of the University of Kentucky, Eli Capilouto.

Coy Booker, Jack Butts, Madison Patel and Abigail Wurth were the ambassadors for the school, and this was all of their first time attending a chamber meeting. The breakfast started off by honoring this year’s graduating Youth LEAD class, which included eight Tilghman students. Afterwards, guest speaker Eli Capilouto talked about how the University of Kentucky has improved greatly during these past few years dealing with the coronavirus. He mentioned his four principles and how they helped grow all aspects of  student life on campus. Capilouto noted that 86 percent of students are vaccinated, ranking in the top six nationally.

Overall, the four students learned so much from their experience at the breakfast. Being able to meet important members of the community and learn how our community is constantly growing is a large part in helping the youth understand their part in the community. The ambassadors cannot wait to participate again, and Mrs. Julie Price played a large part by introducing the ambassadors to these great people.