Paducah Tilghman Introduces E-Sports

Maddie VanderBoegh

Tilghman has introduced an Electronic Sports Club for students to participate in, led by Mr. Rich. E-Sports is a way for students to participate in gaming with their friends and fellow students. The club consists of three teams containing three games. The game that started it all is Rocket League. When students said that they wanted to play this specific game with friends, they had a meeting and that is how the club came about. The other two games are called Super Smash Bros. and League of Legends.  

Our Paducah Tilghman E-Sports team is expected to make playoffs for all three games this season.  

A few students were asked to give their opinion on why they decided to join this team, and these were their answers: 

“I wanted to join E-Sports because it opened up a new opportunity for people who play video games competitively,” said Gage Gottman (12) 

“I wanted to join because I thought it would be something fun to do and the other schools around the area had a team so why not get a team started as well, ” said Luke Birdsong (12) 

“I just wanted to play competitively against other schools in a game I already have fun playing,” said Cameron Dorris (12) 

E-Sports has had an impact on many students this year so far. This club allows students to participate in something that they are passionate about at home, which is why this club is unique and cool. If you are interested in joining the team, contact Mr. Rich.  

We look forward to cheering on our new E-sports team to the playoffs this year!