Five Tips to Making Class Registration Less Stressful

Abigail Wurth, Staff Writer

It is that time of year again where students are now being asked to decide what classes they are wanting to take the following year. While this can be stressful for many because Paducah Tilghman offers so many options, here are some tips to help you decide what classes are best for you:

1. Look into classes that might explore a future major or career. The Innovation Hub offers a wide variety of classes that could give students a glimpse into different career fields. Look into taking one of these classes.
  2. Take a class that will push you outside of your comfort zone. Some classes may not sound interesting at first, however many classes can spark an interest that you did not know you had.
  3. Ensure you are taking all classes that are required to graduate as early as possible. By taking required classes early, you open up your opportunities to explore your interests in elective classes as you get closer to thinking about college and career.
  4. Ask students who have previously taken a class whether they enjoyed it or not. We are here to help each other. Don’t be afraid to ask other students about their classes and their perspective, but remember, the decision is ultimately up to you so don’t let their opinion make the decision for you.
  5. Finally, talk to your teachers. Your teachers are here to help you. They are more than happy to answer any questions that you have about a particular class or if that class would be a good fit for you. If they cannot answer your question, they will work to help you find the answer.

Ultimately, when it comes time to decide what classes you are going to take next year, don’t stress. Teachers, guidance counselors, and other students are here to help. Take your time and consider all your options. Most importantly, remember that there is still time to change your schedule if something changes, so don’t stress too much and just go with what sounds best to you now.