FBLA Competes at Region 1 Conference

Abigail Wurth

Paducah Tilghman FBLA students competed at the Region 1 Conference last Monday, March 7, at Murray State University. These students competed from student across western Kentucky, including students ranging from Ballard County to Webster County. This was the first in-person conference since March of 2019.

Tilghman took 15 students to this competition and saw three students place in the top three in their respective categories. Each student was able to choose a category to compete in. Some categories require presentations while other categories require students to take a 100-question test. All 15 students from Tilghman chose to compete in various objective test areas. Junior Meghan Gruber took second place in Business Law, junior Abigail Wurth took first place in Business Calculations, and freshman Erica Wurth took second in Introduction to Business Concepts.

These three students have qualified to compete at the State Conference which will take place April 11-13. This competition will take place in Louisville, and students will compete against the top three finishers from each of the six regions in Kentucky. At this competition, students will have the ability to qualify for the National Conference in Chicago, Illinois this summer by placing in the top four at the State Conference.