Girls Soccer Opens Busy Week with Big Win

Rennie Skinner

Junior Fiona Caywood and freshman Bailey Beyer celebrate the freshman’s first varsity goal.

Abigail Wurth

The Paducah Tilghman Girls Soccer team opened their busy week on Monday night in Mayfield. The team came away with a strong 6-0 win over the home side. Junior Fiona Caywood scored three goals, completing her second hat trick of the season. Overall, it was a big team win.

Along with Caywood’s hat trick, senior Abigail Wurth added two goals, and to finish off the goal scoring, freshman Bailey Beyer scored her first varsity goal.  As for assists, sophomore Erica Wurth contributed two assists, seniors Maya Romanak and Abigail Wurth and each contributed one assist and junior Weslyn Durfee also recorded an assist. Caywood is currently leading the Lady Tornado in goals with seven in the young season.

Also occurring last night, senior goalkeeper Jaelynn Carver earned her first shutout of the season while contributing seven saves in the winning effort. These seven saves bring the senior goalkeeper to 33 on the season, averaging over eight saves per game.

Upcoming this week, the Lady Tornado have a matchup with district opponents St. Mary on Thursday, August 25 on home turf at Jetton Field at 7 pm. To conclude this week’s girls soccer events, the team will travel to Murray on Saturday for a JV/Varsity double header against the Lady Tigers at 5:30 and 7 pm.