CFSB Hosts Tailgate for McCracken Game

Kiersa Atnip

Myles Middleton (12), Burke Waggoner (11), Jamey Harris (11) and Jacob West (12) enjoy the CFSB tailgate before the blowout game against the McCracken County Mustangs.

Max Grumley

Saturday, Aug. 22, Paducah Tilghman High School held a tailgate sponsored by CFSB. The event started at 5 p.m. and continued until the start of the game at 7 p.m.

The food and refreshments were provided by CFSB, and they served cheeseburgers, hot dogs, chips and water all for free. CFSB also brought bounce houses for the students and kids to enjoy until the game started. The also provided speakers, and the cheerleaders and student section were dancing and taking pictures.

The theme for the game that night was Hawaiian, so the pep club filled up a little pool in the grass in the Innovation Hub parking lot. They also had water guns and silly string there for people to use during the game, and they also had paint and eye black to show school support.

About an hour before the game, the pep club led the student section from the tailgate to the stands and got ready for the game. The pep club also informed the student section of the chants that we would be shouting, and they filled up another little pool on the track.

Every time Tilghman scored a touchdown, the pep club selected people to run down the track waving Paducah Tilghman flags and then jump into the pool.

“There was a great turnout, and there was great energy all around,” said pep club member Riley Darnell (12).

Pep club member Myles Middleton (12) said, “Everyone was super hype and really into the theme.”