How to Get Good Grades and Be Successful

Reagan Hartman

Growing up in the elementary and middle schools, school was a place to have fun and hangout with friends, but high school is different. While high school can be fun, it can also become very stressful and take up a lot of your time. High school is the time to get serious about your future and ultimately prepare yourself for college. During high school, many kids go through struggles for various reasons. Most kids begin lacking motivation and struggle to maintain good grades because of the stress they undergo during school and outside school. This article is for kids who might be struggling to find motivation or need some tips to do well in school.

The most important tip is that when you are struggling, ask for help. So many kids nowadays, including me, are afraid to ask for help. Asking for help will benefit you and motivate you to do better in school and other aspects of life.

Also, you have to tell yourself that you can do it. No one else is going to push you, so you have to find that drive to want to be successful. In class, take notes and pay attention and figure out what you need to do each night. When studying, find a study method that works for you whether that be studying with friends, talking through it or doing practice problems.

Your grades matter in high school, but it is okay to not be perfect every time. If you do badly on an assignment, figure out what you did wrong so you can learn from it. Social media has become a distraction in our generation that often allows us to procrastinate our work. It’s okay to take breaks at times, but make sure you are staying on top of your work and getting things done.

Kylie Caruthers (11) said, “If you aren’t good at taking notes, use Quizlets, and pay attention in class.”

Ansley Hamilton (10) said, “Highlight your notes so you are more likely to study.”

High school is very overwhelming, especially junior year, but if you put your mind to it, you can do anything.

Find what works for you and stick with it, and don’t be afraid to reach out for help.