Getting Involved With Tilghman FCA

Tilghman FCA Instagram

Mccracken and Tilghman students praying together after the first football game of the season

Maggie Rowton

Joining clubs in high school is a great way to get involved with your school and meet new people. There are lots of options to choose from, one being Fellowship of Christian Athletes (FCA). FCA is a safe, positive, encouraging environment where students can grow their relationship with Christ and spread his word.

One special thing Tilghman FCA does is a prayer circle at some sports events. At the end of games, members of Tilghman FCA and members of the opposing team’s FCA get together and have a student led prayer. Mrs. Adams, the sponsor for FCA at Tilghman this year, says the idea for prayer circles at games was student initiated and the purpose is for people to come together to show love and support for one another and to let everyone know we’re all children of God even though we’re from different schools.

FCA at Tilghman meets every other Wednesday at 6:50 a.m. in the library. The front doors open at 6:45 and breakfast is provided. Mrs. Adams says one of her goals for FCA in the future is “To continue to grow the club so students know they have a place to share their faith and support one another in a Christian manner.”

If you’re interested in joining, make sure to pay your $5 fee to Mrs. Wyant in the library. For more information, check out the Tilghman FCA Instagram Page and the Tilghman Pep Club Instagram page.