The Student News Site of Paducah Tilghman High School

The Tilghman Bell

The Tilghman Bell

The Tilghman Bell

France to US: Feature on Eva Perret

This year at PT we have a new foreign exchange student! Foreign exchange students bring diversity, learning opportunities, and global perspectives. They promote cultural understanding, enhance language skills, and build lifelong friendships. Let me introduce to you, Eva Perret. She is here from France for the year and so far, is involved with the student body and classes for her senior year in the US.
I decided to ask her some questions about the US, and he experiences so far. Starting I asked how she was liking the US so far, “I really like it, it is very different, from the environment to just the vibe. Even the architecture is different.” While the change is nice, Eva says she misses her friends and family back in France. Also, the cheese. Eva mentioned that where she is from, they make fresh cheese, and it is very delicious.
Eva is a part of the soccer team here and her opinion on it is that she “really likes the girls, they are very nice. It is a good environment with a lot of happiness.” Props the the soccer team for being inclusive! Fun fact: Her favorite food in the US so far is the Reese’s candy bar, excellent choice. Lastly I asked Eva what her main goal was while in the US and she said “To enjoy with friends and make friends because it can be challenging with little English. I also want to improve my English.”
Hopefully, this year is as amazing as she hopes it is and her experience at Tilghman is one of a lifetime!