The Student News Site of Paducah Tilghman High School

The Tilghman Bell

The Tilghman Bell

The Tilghman Bell

Polls
Sorry, there are no polls available at the moment.

Staff Appreciation Night

On Monday, November 6th, 2023, the Student Equity Advisory Council (SEAC) and African American Leadership Club (AALC) hosted a Staff Appreciation Night. The event was such a special and meaningful night for both students and staff. Students from both groups were asked to choose a staff member who had made a positive impact on their lives. Once the students made their selections, anonymous invitations were sent out to those staff members, creating an air of excitement and intrigue. When the night of the event arrived, the students warmly greeted everyone at the door, eagerly waiting to reveal their chosen staff member. Can you imagine the surprise and delight on the faces of those staff members when they found out they had been specifically selected? The students then led their chosen staff member to a table where conversation cards were waiting, sparking meaningful and heartfelt discussions. As the night progressed, the group enjoyed a delicious meal from a vibrant taco bar, filling both their bellies and their hearts. After the meal, the ever-inspiring Ms. Hollowell took the stage and invited all the students to join her at the front. This was the moment when the students got the chance to share their personal letters of appreciation that they had written for their chosen staff member. These heartfelt letters expressed why they had chosen that particular staff member and the profound impact they had had on their lives. To top it all off, the students presented personalized gifts that had been specially crafted for each individual staff member, ensuring that they felt truly valued and appreciated. The night was undoubtedly an unforgettable and heartwarming experience for both the students and the staff, creating lasting memories and strengthening the bond between them. It was truly a wonderful way to foster a positive and grateful community.