The Student News Site of Paducah Tilghman High School

The Tilghman Bell

The Tilghman Bell

The Tilghman Bell

Polls
Sorry, there are no polls available at the moment.

A Paducah Christmas Tradition

A Paducah Christmas Tradition

If you have ever resided in Paducah during the holiday season, any year, then you are probably familiar with Christmas Lights in the park. Inside of Bob Noble Park during this time, the Christmas lights are on full display until December 31. Approximately half-a-million twinkling bulbs illuminate the Park. The park even holds a “Light Up the Night 5K and Kids K” this year on Saturday the 9th.

Community volunteers man the Santa House at the park, collecting donations of money and nonperishable food for area agencies. All donations from the lights in the park go to Paducah Cooperative Ministry, Family Service Society, the Salvation Army, and St. Vincent De Paul Society. The hours are 9 a.m. to 9 p.m. on Sunday through Thursday with hours extending to 10 p.m. on Friday and Saturday.

You must enter off Park Avenue at the Main Entrance across from Dairy Queen as the entrances from H.C. Mathis and Cairo Road will close at sunset. If you can volunteer in Santas House take the opportunity and gather a group of your friends!