Categories:

Senior Spotlights – Hannah Long

“Don’t count the days, make the days count.” – Muhammad Ali
Hannah Long as a kid
Hannah Long as a kid

Hannah is one of our amazing seniors here at Tilghman and today we are going to be learning a bit more about her. After she graduates, she plans on going to school for Psychology, she wants to major in psychology because it’s always been something that fascinates her, she has always found the human mind so fascinating and how it works so to her this was just an obvious choice. Once she graduates from college, she plans to become a therapist. Hannah Long is involved in the Beta Club, Student Equity Advisory Council, AALC, and our PTHS Band of Blue. She has been in the band for 7 years and plays the clarinet!

Hannah Long grade 12

Her favorite memory at Tilghman is our famous Mayfield Week. When I asked her why this was her favorite she said “Every Mayfield week for the last 4 years of my life has been so memorable. I love how unified it makes our school feel.” speaking of spirit weeks Hannah’s favorite spirit week theme is decade day, and she prefers to dress in a late 90’s look. I also asked her what her favorite year of high school was, and she said freshman year. “Freshman year was my favorite because it was the easiest, but also because it was like my first year really back at school and I don’t know, you just get that feeling starting high school. I miss freshman year so much.” I think many of our seniors can agree with that! Her favorite teacher was Mrs. English. She said that ever since she took her first Spanish class she has seen Mrs. English as someone to talk to. “She has always been that teacher I know I can talk to. She’s so comforting and relatable and I will miss seeing her every day.” when asked who she will miss the most she says her junior friends. “I will miss seeing my junior friends every day as well. I hate the feeling of growing up and knowing I won’t be in high school with them anymore just makes the feeling more real. Ever since I met them their freshman year, they’ve been a big part of my high school experience. Leaving them means leaving high school and experiencing growing up and onto new things without people I’ve grown close to” so true that it hurts! One final thing, words of wisdom from Hannah: take junior year seriously!!