Bakehouse and Ybarzabal Named Rotary Scholars

Libby Shadoan

Seniors Grace Bakehouse and Zach Ybarzabal were named the Paducah Tilghman Rotary Scholars for October 2020. The Scholars are chosen by the Paducah Rotary Club for being seniors who demonstrate leadership, academic excellence, and community service. Bakehouse and Ybarzabal will be attending rotary meetings weekly for the month of October.

Bakehouse is the captain of the Paducah Tilghman Cheer Team, Vice President of Future Business Leaders of America (FBLA), and the photo editor of the Tilghman Bell. She is also involved with Student Council, Beta Club, National Honor Society, and Interact Club. Bakehouse has danced competitively for eleven years and has won at regional and national competitions. After high school, she plans to attend the University of Memphis and major in biomedical engineering.

Ybarzabal is the president of FBLA, the PTHS Pep Club, and the captain of the Paducah-McCracken County NICA (National Interscholastic Cycling Association) Composite Mountain Bike Team. He has served as a mayoral intern and held the role of the volunteer and event coordinator for the 2020 Pathfinders Class. Ybarzabal is on the PTHS varsity tennis team and is on the PTHS Student Council. He is involved with the PTHS Interact Club, Sustainability Club, Beta Club, Mock Trial Team, National Honor Society, and was selected as a PTHS Student Ambassador. Following high school, Ybarzabal plans on attending a four-year university and is interested in studying either environmental engineering or construction management.