2021 AP Scholar Award Recipients

Ashlyn Story

Congratulations to our AP Scholar Award Recipients for the 2020-2021 school year! Through the College Board, these students are awarded based on their demonstration of college-level achievement through the completion of AP courses and passing AP exams at Paducah Tilghman. We are extremely proud of our students and could not have asked for better representation of Tilghman, especially through the troubling times and extenuating circumstances of the last school year. 

Exams were taken in May and June of 2021, and are scored on a scale of 1 to 5, a score of 3 or higher being considered passing. The College Board awards students according to several different levels of achievement. 

The AP Scholar with Distinction Award is granted to students earning at least an average of 3.5 on all AP Exams taken, and scores of 3 or higher on five or more exams for the school year. Paducah Tilghman students awarded AP Scholar with Distinction are Paige Kight (12), and 2021 graduates Mason Romanak, Sam Kirchoff and Jenna Price. 

The AP Scholar with Honor Award is granted to students earning at least an average of 3.25 on all AP Exams taken, and scores of 3 or higher on four or more exams for the school year. Students awarded AP Scholar with Honor are Kate LeBuhn (12), and Jose Leonardo dos Remedios (11).

The AP Scholar Award is granted to students earning a 3 or higher on 3 or more AP Exams. Recipients of the AP Scholar Award are Renee Chua (12), Lillian Holm (12), Frances Hideg (12), Alexis Roof (12), Gage Gottman (12), Cameron Dorris (12), Nathan Barnes (12), Kennedy Garatt (12), Brooke Larimer (11), Abigail Wurth (11), and 2021 graduates Emma Gilbert, Ben LeBuhn, Grainger Page, Jake Taylor, Zach Ybarzabal, Kindle Knight, Natalie Lansden, Raven Butler, Daniel Garcia and Madeline Strenge. 

This makes for a total of twenty-six AP Scholar Awards granted at PTHS. We look forward to watching our AP students learn and continue to achieve during this 2021-2022 school year at Paducah Tilghman.